O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Wednesday 10 July 2013

River Soar the end of 2012

Well the plan did not really get put to play with yet again another flood. This flood was a real bad one the horse shoe was almost swallowed up by the river, and the field was really hard to walk across as the cows had been in there a lot this year churning it up, I have never seen the River Soar so high and flowing it really did look like the Trent. With no bait going in and the flow being very strong I would say 90% of fish would have moved down stream away from the weir island, some may of held up in front of deep lock just off the island, there was a few fish spotted earlier in the year in this spot again in a big flood water. I did have a couple of session in the likely spots but nothing came of it but to be honest I did not spend enough time on the bank trying to locate them, you get out what you put in.


After a couple of session with nothing I decided to have a go for a pike but this to turned out not to be easy with only a couple of jacks being banked. With Christmas round the corner now the sessions really dropped off and I spent a lot more time with the family which was really nice. We had a great Christmas but I just wanted to get back out on the bank. It would have to wait until the river had dropped now as I was unable to get on a still water with no transport and I had to just sit it out and hope 2013 would be a better year weather wise. 




No comments:

Post a Comment