O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Tuesday 9 July 2013

River soar 10-07-2012

Had a ride down the river soar with Nathan today to have a look at the water levels as it was really high the day before, when we arrived at the bridge we could both see it had gone down at least 2 foot and I must say I was a little disappointed, the day before I was sat in a peg watching carp topping and swimming up and down the margin. This had all changed today and I would have to try find them again. We had a chat with a couple of anglers on the weir island and no barbel had been caught but a small 5lb common and some bream. I decided to have a go later on that day as the level was looking lovely, on arrival Nathan was already fishing and 2 of the chaps had left and the other fella had moved into there peg. I dropped the peg the other fella had moved out of and baited up with a large amount of boilies. Nathan got the first take with a barbel of 9lb 2oz his first for 2 years so he was well happy, he also got the next take this time a eel which he had never caught before so it was quite funny watching him trying to hold it.


I got the next take a one toner and after a good battle I slipped a barbel over the net, this went to 10lb bang on and looked very much like the last double I caught. The other fella had no barbel but was still catching bream and chub so not a blank. I put the pictures together and it was re-capture from the other day. So a enjoyable session all round.


No comments:

Post a Comment