O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Sunday 7 July 2013

Grange Pond 05-08-2011

A session on Grange pond today with my mate Ross, had an early start for me at 6. We were the first on there its been a while since I fished Grange so it has changed a bit, I could see there was a big set of lilies on the right hand bank which I cant remember being there before, I had my eye on that peg. We got round to the peg were the lilies are and put my stuff down in the peg to the left of them and Ross went 2 pegs up. I started off baiting up round the lilies and put a whole kg of a seed mix I make on them. I was going to use my boilies as always but your not aloud any freebies out just hook baits, I put my right rod out just on the edge of the lilies and cranked the bait runner up tight and put a bank stick at the side of my rod near the bait alarm to make sure the rod doesn’t get pulled off the alarm, the other rod was cast out about 2 foot off the island this was the first to go about a hour into the session unfortunate for me the hook pulled and it was gone gutted, but still it put the pressure on Ross to get a run. About two hours later my right rod ripped off with the rod banging round almost being pulled off the bank sticks, I struck hard into the second take and this one stayed on and was a nice little common about 8lb. Ross was catching a few little silvers on maggot but still not had a take on his other rod. Mid afternoon Ross called it a day and left without catching a carp, but I got another take after he had gone on the right again but this time as I struck the rod I could see that the carp had already got into the lilies so I had a bit of a problem the carp got itself well and truly stuck, there was only one thing left to do go in after it, I took my shoes and socks off and went into the lilies with rod in one hand and net in the other, by this time of day there was 8 other anglers on the pond and all eyes on me. After trying for 10 minutes to get the free and the net it rolled over in the thick lilies and spat the hook well gutted but it was worth a try. I packed up shortly after.


No comments:

Post a Comment