O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Sunday 7 July 2013

River Soar 19-07-2011

Had a go off the weir today in a peg I usually don’t fish till the winter because the bank gets really over grown and the weed is quite bad in the side. Well started off good with loads of liners and plenty of good fish in front of me hitting the top I was sure of a take, I decided to move the rod a bit further out as it was getting dark, as I lent forward to adjust the height of my bank stick I spooked a large carp right at my feet sat in the weed gutted it made me jump. I moved my rod back to the edge encase the carp did come back, an hour into the dark and loads more liners later the rod finally ripped off and I had a right fight on my hands, it was a barbel and it got stuck in the weed  so it was a right hard one to get in the net. On the scales it went to 8lb6oz without all the weed round…..

No comments:

Post a Comment