O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Sunday 7 July 2013

River Soar 11-07-2011

A session on the weir tonight at Kegworth was another to remember, I got my first take about half hour in and it was a right slow one I grabbed the rod when the hanger got near the top and stuck into a fish straight away the fish swam towards me and the top I could see that it was a barbel only small about 6lb, All of a sudden a huge pike came up and grabbed hold of the barbel side on, I couldn't
believe it this pike was big I was just about to jump in with the net to try get it and the hooked pulled out the barbel gutted. A few minutes later and the pike came up to the top with the barbel still in its mouth and again I got a good look at the pike, it was big. It took nearly 2 hours for the next take this time it ripped off, again it was a barbel but a little bigger this time, after a good scrap it was in the net, on the scales it went 10lb4oz, that’s the 4th double of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment