O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Monday 1 July 2013

River Soar 05-07-2011

Yet again a great session on the river tonight, things started off slow and the weather was not great lots of black clouds about. The first run came about an hour and half in and it was a screamer the line ripped off the spool, I struck into the fish and was having a right good old fight with it when bang the hook link snapped, when I pulled it in I had been snapped off like the last time half way down the rig so got to be on a rock or something. I was right gutted the line had given way and was tempted to up the breaking strain of the rig but decided to stick with it. The next run was not long after and was nowhere near as strong as the one that snapped off, still it was a nice barbel that ended up in the net and took the scales to 8lb4oz.
  I chucked back out and sat down and couldn’t stop thinking about how much bigger the one that got away was. The next run came an hour later and again was a right screamer the rod had a right bend in it when I struck into the fish and what a fight this one was running everywhere upstream, downstream across the stream but finally I ended up with a good barbel in the net. On the scales it went 11lb10oz sweet my second double of the season……

 

No comments:

Post a Comment