O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Grange Pond 24-04-2012

A session on Grange tonight in peg 13, there was a chap pole fishing in peg 14 but I wouldn’t be getting in his way so I got the gear out. I chucked out to 30 yards with the right rod and put the left rod to the island, the fish have been showing a lot more now near the surface but are not taking off the top. So I decided to try out a stick mix which I have not used for a long while, the good thing about using a stick mix is it helps to pull fish down from mid to top of the water because of the oil leaking out and rising to the surface with bits of particles. Well this worked 20 minutes into the session when the left rod ripped off with a 14lb 10oz common great result, and cheers to Gaz for the pic. I had no more takes but had a problem when I reeled the right rod in it was snagged up on something, this is odd as I have fished this spot quite a few times over the last 2 weeks. I managed to free my rig and on the hook was a leaf so I believe there is good sized branch down there which could of ended there from the kids throwing sticks on top of the ice.


No comments:

Post a Comment