O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Tuesday 9 July 2013

River Soar 27-07-2012

Had a great session down the river soar tonight, got there for 9pm and was expecting to see a couple of other anglers down but there was no one so I picked a peg and started baiting it up. I got the rods out and right in front of me a bream hit the top, a good sign I thought. After leaving the swim for half hour before putting the rods when I did put them out it only took 10 minutes for the first take.


I thought I had foul hooked this fish the fight was so aggressive and then I got a little look at the fish and it looked like a Koi, no I thought cant be a Koi but the next time it hit the surface I got a better look and it was a Koi. It took me just over 10 minutes to get the fish in the net, when it hit the net I let a great cheer out and did a little dance, sad really but I was buzzing. On the scales it went to 8lb 4oz not a big fish but what a fight. I chucked back out and 30 minutes later it was off again this time no fight just a bream hit the top. Rods back out and half hour later it was off again this time a chub hit the net. I decided to move down stream 4 pegs and repeated what I done in the first peg.


I had to wait just over a hour for one of the rods to rip off this time it felt like a barbel and after a great battle it hit the net, this one went to 10lb10oz on the scales, really buzzing now I chucked back out hoping the barbel had not moved out the peg, after nearly a hour later the other rod ripped off this time the fish did not put much of a fight and hit the top early I thought its properly a small chub but I put the head torch on and to my surprise it was carp, the carp was just plodding around and then it woke up and was off I had to hang on this was a powerful fish. After fighting for 15 minutes with this fish it finally slowed down and I had it plodding around under the rod tip. In the water it looked like a common I had last year at 18lb but when I slipped the net round it it was not that big so buzzing it was a different common. On the scales it went to 15lb 6oz, one side was badly damaged so I treated the wounds and slipped it back in to fight another day. I was going to pack up and go but I chucked back out again just to see if there where any more carp hanging around but I only got another bream so I packed up and went back to the car, the car would not start so I had to walk home with the gear at 3am. I have now found out the engine has ceased so the unlucky thing to happen that session....



No comments:

Post a Comment