O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Sunday 7 July 2013

River Soar 16-07-2011

Just popped down for a quick session on the weir today, five minutes after I chucked out the right rod ripped off, sweet that didn’t take long after a few minutes the fish was in the net. It was a barbel at 6lb8oz, I carried the barbel in my sling back to waters edge, after holding her in the flow for a few seconds she was off with one kick of the tail. I turned round to pick my sling up and it was gone, dam the flow must took it down stream well I didn’t think I was going to find but luckily it had got caught up on some rocks just under the surface. Nothing else happened so I decided to pack up and head home. On the way down the river I just stopped off to have a look at a little shallow bay I’ve had my eye on, I crept along the bank and there was a common about 12lb sat there, I waited for the common to move out of the bay and dropped a bait in there 20 minutes later and it was back unlucky for me something spooked the carp just as it was approaching my bait and it shot off out the bay with a big bow wave gutted will have it next time……

No comments:

Post a Comment