O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Wednesday 10 July 2013

River Soar 10-09-2012

I thought I would have a bit of a change today and target some pike. It didn't take long for the first take which was from a pike of around 10lb but it slipped off the mat and back to its home before I could get it in the sling to weigh it that took me well by surprise. After sorting the rod out and chucking back out it was seconds and I had another take this one fought really hard and I could see it was a good pike. It turned out to be a new P.B. at 13lb 12oz and quite fitting for the day as today is the day my uncle passed, I always go pike fishing on this day because my uncle Glyn started me fishing when I was 11 years old and the first time I saw him fishing he was after pike. He caught one while I was there which looked massive to me at the time but looking back it was properly about 7lb. So I thank Glyn for all the times he took me fishing and put up with me spilling the maggots all in the boot of the car and the time my box fell down the river bank and into the water, which he got back with a big hook straight through the strap. I don’t thank him for the time he let go of my hand while I was leaning over the water to try and get the hook out of over hanging branch; I had to sit in my boxers for the rest of the day waiting for my stuff to dry. This pike is for you fella miss you loads..............



No comments:

Post a Comment