O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Monday 1 July 2013

River Soar 02-07-2011

Another great session on the weir this time me, my mate and his lad went down armed with a float set up and a spinner set up. My mate had the first one with the float rod a small perch, then it was his lad Josephs turn and what happened next was just amazing fishing. The pike which had a couple of times took the fish my mate had bought in a few nights ago grabbed hold of a perch Joseph was reeling in and he had a right fight with it on the float rod, it was great to watch him playing this pike but the best thing was he got the pike to the net before it could let go of the perch. You can see by the pictures the perch was already half in the throat of the pike, I tried to get the perch out the pike but it had gone down to far so the only option was to cut the line as far down as possible, I held the pike by the gill and opened it up enough for my mate to quickly cut the line as low down as possible. On the scales the pike went 7lb8oz a P.B. for Joseph a great catch and got some great pictures, after retuning the pike we grabbed Joseph and chucked him in just to finish the moment off in style.

  We all caught a few more small ones and then I decided to have a go for some perch with a small spinner, I chucked downstream about 15 times before I got the first perch about half a pound, a few more chucks and I was into a better one this time I needed the net, On the bank the perch took the scales to 2lb bang on a new P.B. for me again. After the perch was returned we decided to call it a night and pack up, I well enjoyed the session as did my mate and his lad, great fishing Joseph well done lad….  

No comments:

Post a Comment