O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Tuesday 9 July 2013

River Soar and Stanton

Not had much time to keep this page up to date so am going to give you a run down of my fishing over the last month or so, I have left grange pond alone as the fish are spawning and moved onto another ticket. I have been very lucky and landed a field testing job for Vardis tackle and I must say I have been impressed with some of the hook links such as Downfall skinline semi-stiff in grey this stuff sinks like a brick and have had good success using it. This time of year I usually stop fishing and wait for the river to open as the fish are spawning and I don’t really like this time of year because of that. I too Dave to the new water and he managed to bag one straight away a mirror of about 7lb, I had no luck this time and for the next 3 sessions was the same. When I finally hooked one I lost it. The next session was even worse as am after a common from here that a caught 5 years ago at 24lb, and yes you guested it some one caught it while I was fishing at 26lb 8oz so I packed up and went home. To make things even worse when I arrived and started setting up I could not find a bank stick, bite alarm and hanger I thought that’s strange my other one is here, then it hit me I had left it on the bank the last time I fished here and now its gone so some one is buzzing with £75 of free gear.


I moved onto another lake on the ticket after all this bad luck and hoped things changed. I also fished this lake 5 years ago taking the biggest resident at 26lb 12oz a fish know as the pug because of its flat nose. I started off fishing the middle of the lake so I could keep my eye on the water and see were the carp are holding up. I spotted a couple on the far bank and then I could see one right in the margin in front of so I creped up on it to take a closer look and found there was 4 of them having a munch so I waited for them to move off enough for me to lower a bait in, unfortunately I never got a take so on leaving I put half a kilo of boilies on the spot. I returned the next night and put both rods on the spot, after an hour I had the first take a common of just over 9lb and what a lovely carp not a mark on it and nice dark colours. Another hour passed and I got another take this time a mirror of just over 10lb again in great condition and dark coloured. I got one more take but this time on sticking there was nothing there so I called it a night and went home.


The next couple of sessions I didn’t get any takes until my birthday when I had a tench just over 4lb and a mirror at just over 13lb. I baited another spot and dropped on it the next night and after only 5 minutes of the rod being out it was off with a screaming run this time I could tell it was a better fish and after a 15 minute bat
I returned the next night and put both rods on the spot, after an hour I had the first take a common of just over 9lb and what a lovely carp not a mark on it and nice dark colours. Another hour passed and I got another take this time a mirror of just over 10lb again in great condition and dark coloured. I got one more take but this time on sticking there was nothing there so I called it a night and went home.
tle a had a common in the net. I wanted to get some good pics and a vid of this one so I put it in the sack and phoned a mate up who arrived an hour later. On the scales this one went to 22lb 10oz and again was in great condition so I quick vid and some pics and she was returned to her home. To see the vid go onto facebook and look for Vardis tackle. I had one more go on here before the river opened but had no takes so it was time to get ready for the river.


My plan for the river was to arrive on the 15th and start to trickle the bait in ready for midnight but the weather had different ideas. I ended up going early hours of the morning on the 16th to find the river in full flood with at least 5 foot of water on it, I tried my best to fish but really found it hard so I gave up my 10 and was back home for 11. That night I decided to return to a little pond I know and do I night. I was fishing for 9pm and had 15 runs, 11 on the bank and lost 4 the smallest was 8lb and the biggest was 12lb I only fished till 7am and went home to get some kip. The next session was back on the river after England beat Ukraine 1-0 get in there, I was fishing for just after midnight and the first take came at about 2am a bream of around 6lb.


An hour later a got another take this time it was no bream, I was having a right battle with this fish and could see it was a small carp with the head torch, what a fight and watching it trying to get me in the bulrushes was great after a while I got it in the net and was buzzing the first carp of the new season. On the scales it went to 8lb 6oz of pure muscle and what a lovely carp, I returned her and sat back with a coffee and smoke looking at the pics, I had no more takes and left about 10am.




No comments:

Post a Comment