O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Monday 1 July 2013

River Soar 21-06-2011

Had a interesting session on the weir this time, I got down there about 7.30 and want to fish in one of the pegs near to the weir but there was two guys down there already, I asked if they had caught anything and the answer was no. I walked back to the first peg to have a look and decided to have a go here again, this will be the third time I have fished in this peg. About an hour into the session and I started to get some liners on the right rod, not long after it ripped off with a small chub on the end  sweet first catch of the new season I say sweet because am just glad it was not a bream.

 It go to around 10 and nothing was happening, I grabbed the tackle and moved to were the two other guys had been fishing. Half an hour in and the right rod ripped off this time a good little fight saw a 7lb 10oz barbel in the net. I was well pleased as I had only just made some more bait that day and the mix perfect this time and changed the flavour from crab to squid.
 I packed up at about 11.30 and was making my way home down the river when I came across two Chinese chaps, one had a little torch in his hand and the other was carrying a plastic bag and a metal pole around 2 foot long, I stopped the chaps and as I was asking them where they were going I got a little look in his plastic bag and saw some old food tins in there. Straight away I got my phone out and started to film them as I did the guy with the torch walked off up the river so I carried on filming the other guy and asked what they thought they was doing taking fish from the water and that is was reporting them as soon as I got back, I then started to lose my temper a little and gave him a right mouth full. After that I walked back up the river to try find the other guy to get his face on film, I was still carrying all my tackle with me so I only got as far as the deep lock and started shouting abuse at the other guy who cant have been far away. I walked back down the river to the road and there was a little polo parked up tucked under a bush at the way. I spotted a bag at the side of the car and then the pole the chap was carrying , I picked them both up and took them home with me, you can see by the pictures what was in the bag. I have reported all this and just waiting for a call back.



No comments:

Post a Comment