O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Monday 1 July 2013

River Soar 25-06-2011

A session on the weir tonight produced great results. Using the same bait and rigs I chucked out and only had to wait 20 minutes for the first run, this one was a chub at 4lb which went straight into the flow so had a good little battle with it. I was well happy to have a run so soon.
  I chucked back out but to a different spot sat back down and waited another 15 minutes before the other rod ripped off I struck into a good fish which shot off downstream like the chub did only this time the line was flying off the spool. I tried to slow it with no effect and then bang line break, when I pulled the rig in it had snapped about half way up and you could see were the line had rubbed on something before snapping, well gutted. I put another rig on and dropped it back out under my feet and put some boilies round it, 45 minutes later and it was off again I struck into a good fish and again it ripped some line off the spool but not as quick as the last one did. I was playing the fish for 10 minutes in the currents before I got a look at and to my surprise it was a common carp. After a few more minutes it was in the net, on the scales it went round to 18lb4oz and was a stunning fish with out a mark on it.
 I re-baited chucked out and sat back down thinking it would be great if I was to get a barbel next, 30 minutes later and the right rod ripped off and again I struck into a good fish this time it ran straight across the flow to the other side and in a weed bed, great I thought here we go another line snap but the fish came out the weed as quick as it went in, I had really good fight with this one until it was under the rod tip and in the net. This time I had got a barbel, it went round to 9lb12oz which is a new P.B. barbel for me I must say I was a little gutted it was so close to getting to double figures. Anyway what a great session one of the best I have had for a long time………..

No comments:

Post a Comment