O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Monday 1 July 2013

Grange Pond 26-02-2011

Had a walk down the soar this morning to find it’s really up and full of colour so I decided to go have a look at Grange pond in Long Eaton, this is also on the Long Eaton Vic ticket. I need some were to fish during the close season that’s not to hard but still holds one or two good carp worth catching.
I had to nip and get a key from the local tackle shop and then was off down to have a look.
When I arrived there was 4 other guys fishing all of them trying to get cover from the wind, this had left 2 banks of the pond empty. I walked round to the corner with the barrow to pick a peg; I chose a peg 3 down from the corner on the left hand bank. This peg put the wind right in my face but gave me the best angle to cover the most free water.
 Bait on here was boilies on both rods but your not aloud to feed boilies you can only use single hook baits, so I put my left rod a D.C.Squid and the right on a bright pop-up. After just over an hour my left rod bleeped and the hanger was pulled tight to the rod after a second a couple of ticks from the reel and I struck into the first fish on Grange. Not a bad fight didn’t take long to get the carp under the rod tip going round in circles, not to long and it was in the net and on the bank. On the scales it went 12lb not bad for first one on the match lake. I cast back out around the same spot and sat back watching the water.
 About half hour passes and the left rod ripped off I jumped up and grabbed the rod, in no time at all the carp was under the rod tip only a small one this time but they just keep on going didn’t want to bully the carp in so just let it swim round and round. This was only around the 3lb mark and another common, a quick snap and off back to its home. Nothing else happened before the light faded so I packed up and went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment