O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Monday 1 July 2013

River Soar 09-07-2011

Quick session on the river turned up 2 chub tonight, was not the target fish but always welcome.
Got down there about 4ish and stayed till 6, in the first few minute I was having line bites.
I set my gear up on the top of the bank so I didn't make any noise in the peg; I crept down the bank and dropped in as quite as possible.
I was right to do this as the first bite came within 5 minutes of fishing; I lost this one somehow but did see it was chub before it got away.
I bit gutted I dropped the lead in again this time it was 30 minutes before I got the next bite. This one stayed on and again it was chub, as I was sliding the chub over the net a pike broke the surface just in front of the net luckily it missed the chub. I didn't weigh the chub just took a quick snap and got it back to its home.
 It was getting dark so I decide to get the gear packed up, as I was doing so my rod bent round and the line starting steaming off the reel. I struck into another chub this time a bit bigger. Looks like the boilies did the trick; I did see quite a lot of fish movement around the peg. I think next time I might just have a go for a pike see what that turns up the one I saw was not jack………………

No comments:

Post a Comment