O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Wednesday 10 July 2013

Evesham Vale 21, 23-09-2012

I had a weekend away at Evesham Vale with the rest of the Vardis Tackle testers, it was great to meet new people and watch how different everyone’s fishing was. There was 15 of us fishing for the weekend and only 11 carp on the bank, conditions were not great Friday night was down to -2 and with a wind pushing straight into you face it was a real cold one. I was having no luck on the first day and night so first thing Saturday morning I decided on a move. Am glad I did as that evening just before the light started to fade I got the first take from a 14lb common. I had a real problem getting this one to the net as my gearing in my reel was playing up every time I went to reel some line in the spool would flick round and let some of the line out again, finally I got it to the net and thanks to Col with the net it slipped in without to much hassle cheers fella. I got the rod straight back out on the bait and an hour later it was off again, this time no trouble with the reel as I had changed it but I managed to lose this one at the net with a hook pull gutted, it looked a little bigger then the last one about the 18 to 19lb mark. I was expecting another take in the night so I was well disappointed when I woke up in the morning with no more action. It was soon time to call it a day and pack up, had a great weekend meeting everyone and look forward to the next one.




No comments:

Post a Comment