O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Monday 1 July 2013

River Soar 09-07-2011

Well again this place has turned up a great session, got down there a little early then usual and I glad I did. I chucked both rods out both on D.C.Squid boilies and within half hour the left rod screamed off, I jumped up and struck into a powerful fish, it took me all over the place I had a really hard fight with this one, after a good ten minutes of fighting hard the fish finally started to get tired, a further five minutes and was in the net, I put the rod down and lifted the net up to see a cracking linear carp sat there. On the scales it went 13lb4oz the best fight I have had so far in this river a cracking carp bit of a shame about the pictures they didn’t come out very well.
 With the carp returned and re-baited and sat back, my left rod tip started to move up and down really slowly like I was getting a liner but it kept on doing it so I picked the rod up and it was snagged up or so I thought, after a few good pulls I pulled out a crayfish well that’s a first I’ve never even seen one of these on the bank. My hook had gone straight through one of its claws, I un-hooked it and chucked it back in for the pike lol.

  It was two hours before the next run came and its was a good un, I had a great fight with a barbel which is now my new P.B. but is the same fish I caught on the 29th June a re-capture which was already my P.B. The barbel weighed in at 12lb10oz 8oz up from the last time I caught it. What a great session another one to remember……

No comments:

Post a Comment