O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Saturday 21 September 2013

The syndicate 14-09-2013

Right all the gear is packed and sat ready next to the front door. Enough time for a smoke and coffee before my lift arrives and then it’s off to the syndicate for 24 hours. Its feeling good for a bite so I just hope there not too many already on as it’s a Saturday and I usually fish it in the week. The sun is just starting to break through and dry out everything after nearly a whole night of rain. I bet there’s a few on the rivers today now it will have a bit of colour to it. On arriving at the lake and there’s one other angler on so not to bad. There is three of us doing a quick over night-er this session. We all chose our pegs after a couple of walks round. I had chosen the same peg I fished last time so I approached it much the same way.



  I put in half a kilo of Marukyu Credence Krill Feast boilies in 14mm and 18mm, these were spread over a spot the size of half a tennis court in front of a large tree on the opposite bank. I put two rods on this spot both with Bottom Bait rigs using the Krill Feast. The other rod was to be fished over a Nut Particle Mix from Soar Tackle using a Credence Pop-up over the top. This rod was cast over to another over hanging tree on the far bank but this time I cast it to the side of the tree right tight in the margin about a foot off the bank. We were all sat chatting having a cuppa when one of my rods ripped off, it was the rod over the Nut Mix. Not long into the fight the fish weeded me up solid, I kept a tight line on it and tried to get a better angle to the fish by walking up the bank but I just couldn’t move it. I put the rod back on the rest for a minute and it ripped off again but as soon as I picked the rod up it was into another weed bed. This end of the lake has the most weed in it at the minute its really thick in places. I repeated the process but with no luck after 40 minutes of trying everything I could thick off it finally felt like the fish was off. I left the rod on the rest for another 20 minutes before pulling for a break. This was the only take of the first day out of three of us. The next day started very slow with no signs of fish until around eleven. I seen three fish top and was packing the gear up ready for a move up the lake. This was a good move as an hour on the new spot I had a screamer. Another fish falling to the Marukyu Krill Feast and I must say the best looking one I have caught on this bait so far.


 I still felt like there was a chance of another bite and I was right not even five minutes of putting the rod back out it was off again with another great battle. This one a little bigger then the first but not as good looking again falling to the Krill Feast. I stayed on for another three hours with no takes or signs of fish so I decided to call it a day and pack up and head home. Another good session using the Marukyu baits. Till next time.................

No comments:

Post a Comment