O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Sunday 8 September 2013

The syndicate 19-08-2013

A hard over nighter on the bank. I had a walk round the lake as you should always do when you arrive; you never know what you might spot. On this occasion to my surprise I found no signs of fish moving about. It was not feeling good for a bite the pressure was going to be rising throughout the day, conditions were not good. I decided to fish a spot I have been on before as there is nothing showing, if they start showing else where I will move on them. The last time I fished this peg about a week ago I put some marks in the hedge to mark the distance for the clip. All I had to do was walk the rods out to the marks clip up and am on the spot. Super accurate and proper simple. 


With all three rods clipped up to the spot I started putting a little bait. I only baited lightly as the conditions where not great and I didn’t think they would be getting their heads down in the night. Two rods will be over one spot with Marukyu Credence Krill Feast boilies in 14mm and 18mm. One of the rods will be fishing with a special Krill Feast Hook Bait and the other will have a Krill Bottom Bait topped with half a Credence Krill Pop-up. The third rod will be fished over a small amount of Nut Particle Mix from Soar Tackle; over this I will fish a Credence Fruit Spice Pop-up. The next five hours passed with nothing happening or seeing any fish in the swim or even this end of the lake. There had been three top at the other end of the lake in this time. I had around an hour till dark so I had to make a choice quick should i stick it out on the bait or do a move to the other end of the lake. I moved and within 45 minutes I was sat back with a coffee. A couple more crashed on the top before I got my head down for the night. I was awoken at first light by a couple of bleeps, as I got out the bag to have a look it screamed off. I bent into a hard fighting fish that was determined to stuff me in the tree to my right. Finally the fish was safely in the net and resting while I got the gear sorted. A very welcome double Mirror almost a Leather the only scales were on the wrist of its tale.


Another lovely fish to fall the Credence Krill Feast. The move paid off in the end but that was the only take I got this session it never felt good from the off so to come away with one I was chuffed. Till the next time…..

No comments:

Post a Comment