O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Friday 13 September 2013

The syndicate 26-08-2013

Back on the syndicate for a two night session and conditions are again poor. The usual walk round turned up nothing so it was to a spot I have already fished where am sure I could pick a couple from. The first rod was to on a raked spot which has seen bait for last two weeks but only been fished for a few hours. On this spot a put 5 kilo of Nut Particle from Soar Tackle. I will be using a Stiff Hinged rig on this spot with a Credence Fruit Spice Pop-up. The other two rods were both fished with Bottom Baits and Soft coated braids from Vardis.



The spot for these rods were right in front of a big tree on the opposite margin. I already have markers for the distance on this spot so it was quick and easy getting the rigs on the spots. The rods are only a rod length apart 70 yards away with a good scattering of Marukyu Credence Krill feast boilies in sizes 14mm and 18mm. I will be using an 18mm glugged boilie on one and an 18mm topped with half a 14mm Pop-up. By three I was all set up and settled down but it was an uneventful evening and night for that matter. The first take came at seven in the morning off the Nut Particle; it started as a one bleep then just melted. I was up like a shot to the rod and bent into what felt like a good fish. The fish kited to my left instantly and weeded me up. Luckily it broke free soon after and carried on kiting to the left right across the lake to my margin, I had managed to gain enough line to be able to walk a little down the bank and stop the fish heading into the reeds. After a good battle in the margin I finally had a lovely Common in the net.


 I thought I was going to be to a few more but the day passed with nothing, another quite night so a move was on the cards until one of the boilie rods ripped off. A few minutes into the battle and the hook pulled. It didn’t feel like a big fish but still I was not best pleased. I had to stay put now there had been no sign of fish anywhere else but a couple of shows over the bait. A couple of hours later and the other boilie rod was off this time I lost it in the weed but again it didn’t feel like a big fish. That was the last of the action for this session but I will be back soon, I did put a little more bait on the spots before I left. If I return in a few days and again cant find them I will at least know there has been some bait in the spots. Till next time then….. 

No comments:

Post a Comment