O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Friday 13 September 2013

River Soar 09-09-2013

Off to the River Soar for a short session this afternoon. I arrived just after midday and had a good look around in the shallows to see if I could find anything moving through. I settled on a peg which felt right and got the rods out. I will be fishing with two rods today; the first will be a two foot length of Fluorocarbon to a size 8 Vardis Anti-snag hook. The hook bait will be a Marukyu Credence Krill Feast in size 14mm, with this will be a stick mix I have made using Marukyu additives and I will be coating my Hook bait with Credence Liquid.


 The other rod will have a two foot Vardis Abrasion Resistance Hook-link in Dark Grey tied to again an Anti-snag hook in size 8. Bait for this rod will be again a Krill Feast in 14mm but this time I will using Marukyu EFG 142 ground bait as a stick. When mixing this product I don’t use water instead I use Marukyu SFA 450 which is a Krill Extract. If you have not seen the EFG 142 you must have a look it is not to be sniffed at.  I know a lot of specimen anglers mostly carp anglers will turn their nose up to using a ground bait but I can ensure you this is on another level.
The conditions were not what you would call great for a bite with the blazing mid-afternoon sunshine and the River has virtually no colour to it. An hour in to the session and the left rod just melted off, took me right by surprise. I lifted into the fish and just ripped line off me straight away, I had to put as much pressure on it as I dare to stop the fish from running down stream where I would certainly lose it. A few moments of hair raising stuff and I had control of the fish and happy played it out in front of me. Finally I had a nice looking Barbel in the net. I reeled the other rod in while the Barbel was resting in the net. The last thing I want in this peg is a double pick up, don’t get me wrong it would great to two on at the same time but not in this peg fish safety must always come first.



 On the mat I had my fourth double this season. This is only the sixth session on the River Soar this season as I have been busy fishing other places. Yet again the Marukyu Krill Feast doing the business is there anywhere this boilie will not work, I think not. Till the next time people……………


No comments:

Post a Comment