O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Sunday 24 November 2013

The Syndicate 23-11-2013

Not a great start to the session, five miles away from the lake and I get a text from the missus telling me I left my mat, sling and sack on the line, gutted. I will have to go get them so I turn round and head home not a happy chap. Finally I get back to the lake will just over a hour of light left and find the lake empty, buzzing. Best place to start will be the middle of the lake then, I can spread the rods out and cover more area, plus I can see the whole lake from here so if anything decides to show its self I will be able to get straight on it. All three rods are out, one with Krill Feast 18mm boilie over a bed of 10s, 14s and 18s. The next rod is a single 18mm Krill Feast on its own with a little stick of EFG 661 Ready Krill Mix. The last rod is a Chod set-up on its own again. The temperature is starting to drop now its going to drop below freezing tonight so it wont be long before am in the bag. The night passed with no takes until first light, I was in the on the right rod. It was a slow fight with the fish just plodding along until she was finally in the net with minimum fuss. On the mat I was pleased to see one of the long Commons not quite a twenty but a lovely fish all the same.

 
I slipped her back with numb hands and got the rod back out before retreating to the warmth of the bag. As soon as I was warm I made breakfast and started thinking about what to do next. I sat and watched the water with not a sign of a fish so I carried on as I was apart from a couple of rig and bait changes for the first two rods. I put on a special hook bait, one which had been glugged for so time and coated to give a extra kick see if that got me a bite tonight. Nothing showed all day long so as the light started to fade on the second night I got some more grub down me and sat waiting. Its cloudy tonight so it wont be as cold as last night. I really hate just sitting there but I had no choice, I had most of the hot spots covered and with nothing showing there was nothing to move on too. Another night passed with no action. I was up at first scanning the lake hoping something with give me a sign so I move on to it. I couldn’t sit there any longer and moved up to the top end of the lake. I left the bivvy where it was and just took the essentials with me. I put two rods out on Chod set-ups and the other on a single chopped down Credence Fruit Spice. I gave it till last light with no takers and not a single show again, I have not seen a show since Friday when I got here. I would like to stay another night, its times like these when you could just get a double take as they switch on for a short period of time. I have found this to happen quite a bit in the winter and reason to carry a second net. Till next time...........  

No comments:

Post a Comment