O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Sunday 3 November 2013

Charlies first fishing session 22-09-2013

Today was my lads first fishing trip. Charlie is only three and has been wanting to go fishing for quite a while now. I took him to my local syndicate where I have been doing most of fishing this year. The lake is ideal as its full of Roach plus has Bream, Rudd and Tench all running to specimen sizes. Its was a nice day with the sun shining and a light breeze on the lake. As soon as we got out the car to look at the lake Charlie was jumping with joy to see the lake, we could see the Roach topping on the other bank just where the breeze was catching the water. I did put a couple of rods out on the far margin to try get a quick bite. We both sat and set the rod up Charlie helping to put the line through the eyes of the rod and thread the float on. I cast out quickly to check the weight was correct and the float just disappeared, I thought the weight was wrong until I lifted the rod up with a small Roach on the end. It had taken just the hook this was a great start the Roach were hungry and we had a pint of Marukyu Krilled Maggots to fill them up on. Things could not of gone better as soon as the float hit the water it righted itself and was then pulled straight under by Charlie`s first Roach.


His face light up while he was reeling it in and when he pulled it out the water there was big “I got one daddy” to say I was a proud father was an understatement. We carried on fishing with Charlie catching around 20 fish and each time his face was a picture. I was also very pleased he held all the fish he caught for a photo and gives a cheeky smile for the camera.


We had been fishing for around an hour and half when I got a call off the missus to come home as Charlie`s nannar was on her way. I did think he might get bored after a couple so I was over the moon he enjoyed it.




We packed up and Charlie feed the rest of the Krilled Maggots to the Roach using the catapult which he was very good with. I look forward to taking him again and it will be Ella`s turn next year. I cant wait the future of fishing is here....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment