O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Thursday 21 November 2013

Guesting 16-11-2013

Things are not to plan at the minute, the last two over nighters have turned out to be blanks. This week I was invited to fish a local pit which has been closed for the last three weeks. The has had three foot of water drained out of it, been netted and electro fished to remove all carp under 15lb leaving around 50 fish up to mid 30s. I didn’t arrive at the lake till late Saturday evening and had to set most of the gear up in fading light. This would have to be approached with caution as these fish were going to be right on edge but also wanting some grub. I decided to use a small amount of bait over each rod to nick a first bite and if things continued this way I would in crease the amount of freebies gradually. My first rod was using a simple Bottom Bait Rig with a Marukyu Credence Krill Feast boilie in 18mm, with this I will be using the new EFG 661 Krill Ready Mix in little sticks.



I also put in around twenty freebies a little mix of sizes from 10 to 18mm, the freebies were strategically placed in a line around the start of an bay with my hook bait being in middle. The reason I did this is I seen carp moving round this area I was trying to intercept one as it passed. The second rod was using a Chod set-up with a special Pop-up from a friend. The last rod was again using an Bottom Bait Rig with Credence Krill Feast in 14mm topped with an Pineapple flavoured Credence Change Bait, with this I put a little bag of crumbed Pineapple Boilie`s these are a high attract boilie so there would be no need for any freebies round this bait as there will be plenty of goodness leaking out.


After a few hours fishing with only one fish showing its self my middle rod roared off. Things did not feel right from the off and after a few minutes I could not longer get the carp any closer. I had hooked a trailer which got tangled around some trees on the other bank. I had to leave the rod on the alarms and walk round the lake to the other side and cut the line from the branches which released the fish. I rushed round the lake to get the carp in the net which by now was worn out and just slipped into the net. I had foul hooked this one just out the mouth so just had a quick pic and slipped her back in.


This was the only action I received in the session which was a big disappointment as this is now three blanks in a row I can only hope the next time I put some fish on the bank, so till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment