O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Monday 17 March 2014

Spinney Pool 07-02-2014

Sweet its Friday again time to get back on the bank. I recently started a new job so am now back to fishing the weekends only, so when 12 comes on a Friday am straight off to the bank. This weekend I was back on Spinney Pool for an over night session that was until I arrived home from work to load the gear and the missus said I could do two nights buzzing. Two nights it is then, I arrived at the lake to find it empty once again. I posited myself on the low bank so I could hit both my baited areas, one of these areas has been baited up for a while now using Soar Tackles Nut Mix. Although I had none of this with me there has been enough bait going in this spot on a regular basis for me to feel confidant to fish a single over the spot. That’s one rod sorted out using a little Stiff Hinged rig with a very special Pop-up on which I will go into in another blog. The next spot was another baited area again I fished a little Stiff Hinged rig with another special Pop-up again no bait was put on the spot just a single hook bait. The third rod was my roamer the one that gets moved as soon as there’s a sign of a fish, this rod was using a chuck anywhere Chod rig with again a special Pop-up. I was all set-up and fishing by about four and was feeling good for a bite but it didn’t come right away it was around six that evening when the middle rod ripped off. Only a scraper double mirror but it was a start now where’s your mum little one. The night passed without any takers it wasn’t until around midday that the next bite came again off the middle rod. This time I had a little stunner one of the few Moon Scaled Mirrors only about the 12lb mark but a lovely looking fish I was happy to catch.


 I decided to move the roaming rod over to this spot and fish two rods on it, the baits where only about a rod length apart. Soon after Tim showed up to show some new members around the lake, one of the lads paid his for his ticket there and then so he could fish the night. I had a good chat with him about areas of the lake and what I have learnt over the last few months. Nothing more happened that day or night so I used up some of the time making a little product video for Castaway P.v.a. about there new big re-fill tubs, I good idea from the lads. The tubs are nice and water proof which is only a good thing where P.v.a. is involved, each tub contains 25meters of webbing and they come in all three sizes 18mm, 25mm, and 35mm.


When you have used the 25 meters up the tubs also make a good water proof holder for your re-fill spools. Anyway back to the fishing and the next bite came at nine on the last morning off the right rod this time on another baited area, only a scraper double mirror but still welcome. I had sat with the new lad looking at rigs and baits trying to help him get a bite on his first session but things didn’t work out to plan, he even moved pegs to try get one but it was one of those times where no matter what you do it just don’t happen. It took till three till the next bite came on the right rod again, another small mirror but everything was working fine its just the fish seemed to be the small ones of the lake.



I slipped the mirror back and soon after the left rod ripped off, this time I could tell this fish was a little bigger and it was, a lovely upper double mirror went into the net. I took some pictures and got her back in. I was well happy with that it had been a enjoyable couple of nights catching a few and meeting some new members so till next time...........


No comments:

Post a Comment