O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Sunday 2 February 2014

Spinney Pool 28-01-2014

Its back to the syndicate time with a big drop in pressure that cant be ignored. I have blanked on here since the first captures of 2014 on the fourth of this month, I have done three over night session since with no takers. With three blanks on the trot I was proper on it to got a take this session. Preparation started the night before the session with the rig wallet out and new rigs tied. Bait was already to go I just had to pick the Nut Mix up from Scott at Soar Tackle on the way to the lake. I had a good chat with Scott about all things fishing before I left for the lake. On arriving at the lake it was good to see no one else on so again I would have the choice of pegs. I picked a favourite peg of mine in the winter and started getting camp sorted. I baited a large area with the Nut Mix with the intention of fishing two rods to the spot one just in the baited area and the other just off it. Hook baits for this area were one rod with Marukyu Credence corn and the other with pop-up corn on. My third rod was to be a roamer rod with a Stiff Hinged Rig. I was really confidant I was in the right area and was sure to get a take at first light when the pressure really started to drop.

 
Time was pressing on with no takes through the night and nothing happening so far with only an hour left of my session. I started to slowly get my gear packed up when my middle rod let out a single bleep, a second later there was a serious of bleeps and I lent into what felt like a heavy lump on the end. The fish was started to take from me heading for a tree in my margin to the right. I grabbed the net and through it down the bank to the next peg where I was heading with the fish on. This worked a treat and I was able to steer the fish past the snags and then get her under the tip plodding about before I slipped the net under her, happy days. On the bank I had a nice upper double mirror sat in front of me.


The fish looked very familiar and so it should as last time I was here a couple of days ago with Colin he caught it again over the Nut Mix with a pop-up piece of corn. What’s the chances of that happening, also the fish was caught at the other end of the lake this time. I slipped her back in a very happy man although it was not a big fish it was more then welcome and a pretty one at that. I carried on packing the gear up and was soon in the car heading home with a smile on my face. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment