O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Monday 27 January 2014

River Soar 23-01-2014


Another go at Pike fishing was todays plans , this would the second session this season but the first of 2014. With the rivers still being very high and no transport to get to a still water I fished the only place I could think would hold some fish. This is where the river forks off. I chose I lovely looking peg which was just at the fork point allowing me to fish a rod in the side in slack water and one just on the edge of the flow. Both rods would be fished on the bottom with dead baits. My dead baits are just Roach and Rudd from Soar Tackle. I was not planning on being out for long I started at about 11 in the morning and would be fishing till about 3. I chopped a few deads up and feed them in to the swim to get a load of scent in the water. This worked well as ten minutes after doing this the first rod was twitching, after a few seconds I struck into the first Pike of the day only a small one be a good start.


Things did go a little dead for a while after this one I would of moved swims usually but I decided to feed some more chopped fish and see what happens. It didnt take long again till I was in again this time with a better fish. I had a good wrestle on the bank with this one until it was finally under control and I could take a few snaps. The top jaw was a lot shorter then the bottom and I mean a lot shorter you could see the inside of its mouth even when it was shut. Another lovely Pike from the Soar.

 
After returning this one I moved down the bank twenty yards and repeated the process and again it worked well but I hooked the same fish I just put back ten minutes ago. I know it was the same fish with the jaw and the shape of the fish, I quickly unhooked her and slipped her back in. Well that was it for today a well enjoyed session, till next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment