O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Monday 27 January 2014

Spinney Pool 04-01-2014

2014 is here and its time to get on the bank and catch some fish. On arriving at the lake I was happy to find it empty, I had a couple of walks round the lake but no real signs of anything so I decided to set up on the back of the wind and fish to the other side this is where I thought the fish would be holding up. I got the gear on the barrow and walked round to the low bank. I posited myself in the middle of the bank allowing me to spread the rods if I needed to. The main bait for this session was to be Soar Tackles Nut Mix.

 
I had around five kilo with me this might sound a lot of this time of year but I will only be putting out half the mix to start with and topping it up if I feel the need. The spot I will be fishing is between two pegs on the opposite bank, the depth here is around eight to ten feet. Instead of putting the bait in one area I spread it in a line for twenty yards and around five yards wide this would allow me to fish on the mix and both sides of it and a good chance of a double pick up. Also if anything did come in for a feed I would have a better chance of getting a bite. Hook baits would start different and if one produced all would change to that one. The first rod was fished with Marukyu Credence Corn on a short Fluorocarbon rig the second rod was fished with a special Pop-up on a stiff-hinged rig, the final rod was fished with a Credence Krill Feast in 14mm topped with a single piece of corn. The weather was looking best for a bite the following morning so I made sure everything was right for this moment. The night passed with no action but like I say the morning is bite time as the pressure is suddenly dropping then rising again early afternoon. The first take came just after a late breakfast at about ten. I only got a couple of bleeps and line tightened so I lent in to the first fish of 2014. After a short battle in freezing cold water she was safely in the net and I was buzzing. In the net sat a lovely bar of gold common only a small one but who cares when there stunning after all that’s why I go fishing.



After a few snaps she was back to fight another day. This fish took the Credence Corn rod but I had no chance to change any of the other rods over as the right rod ripped off they where definitely on the bait. This time it was the Pop-up rod off and again another slow short battle with another common around the same size.





Well what to do now I put the pop-up and corn back out and thought about changing the other over but left things as they are for the rest of the session which was nearly over now, I thought I might just get another before I left but it didnt happen. The Nut Mix once again working well on here, I was happy with how the first session of 2014 went till the next time...........


No comments:

Post a Comment