O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Monday 28 October 2013

The Syndicate 26-10-2013

Well this session started a bit different then the others and not in a good way. To start with I had to make a trip to a friends to pick up an additive I wanted for this session which was a hour round trip. Then I nipped in to Soar Tackle to collect my leads and have a quick chat with Scott to catch up on what had been caught around the area over the last week. Then a trip to get some gas as Scott had just ran out but unfortunately for me there was no gas for my stove but there was some for a stove I know Scott’s got at the shop, so I trip back to Soar Tackle for the stove before I could leave for the lake. Finally I arrived at the with two others already on, I choose I likely area and got the kit to the swim.


I had just got everything ready rods all clipped up to the spots baited up when Colin arrives. The fun is not over yet as he had forgot his alarms and did not have enough fuel to make the journey back home and then back to the lake. I offered to run him home while his missus looked after my kit, this was another hour and ten minutes round trip. It was just before six when I finally got the rods out. Colin on the other hand had to set most of his gear up in the dark. Conditions looked good for a bite or two with pressure low and still dropping for the some of the time there and a bloody great howler blowing with up to 80mph gusts. Saying this there was nothing really showing I had seen one leave the water for a second near to baited area but that was about it till first light. The night passed with Colin losing one shortly after the take at about five in the morning but that was it. I had a big bosh over my near margin rod at first light so was sure of a take but it never came. Time for a fat breakfast then as we always do about this time, yeah.....

 
The day passed with nothing showing and all alarms quite for all of us on the lake. A bit of a strange one as everything felt right but that’s fishing for you, if it was easy I would soon get bored of it. Till the next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment