O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Sunday 9 November 2014

The Railway Pit

Continuing from the last Railway update things have been great on this water when I have turned up to fish most of the time I have had the lake to myself. A recent session I had one rip off with a another 20lb+ Mirror but as I was sorting the mat and camera out the other rod ripped of making this the third double take on the lake. When I picked the rod up I knew straight away this was different to everything else I had hooked, taking forty yards of line from me before I could get the fish turned and once I did it was a slow plod all the way in. There is a big snag to left and you guessed it the fish headed for this and there was nothing I could do, the fish was in the snag and stuck solid. I had no other choice but to put the rod back on the rest and slack the line off hoping the fish would come free or at least allow the fish to get off so I could pull for a break, the last thing you want to do is damage the fish if this means losing one of the biggest or could well of been the biggest fish in the lake then so be it. All this time I still had the other fish sat in the net so I got the gear sorted and pictured the fish, on the return of the fish my line tightened up on the other rod. I picked the rod up and the fish boiled up on the top about ten yards away from me, I got the fish just in front of the net when it boiled up on the top, I could see this huge Common and the hook dropped out. The hook had been straightened which must of happened in the snag to say I was gutted was an understatement. This was the last time I fished the pit but I will be returning soon.....







No comments:

Post a Comment