O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Saturday 8 November 2014

Spinney Pool update




I have not been on Spinney Pool that much but the sessions I have had have been very enjoyable. The first was a quick overnighter with my lad, mostly float fishing in the evening and first light. I did put a couple rods out on singles for the night time but nothing happened there. Still it was a very enjoyable session fishing with the lad.

The next trip was with a good friend of mine Colin, we both work for the same fishing companies and been friends since school. He started things off with a bang with a lovely Spinney Common.



Shortly after I was in with another Common then things went quite over night until the morning when I was in with a lovely Mirror.































The next two hours it went mental Colin bagged a cracking Mirror then I had a double take with two minter Commons.































Then I had another Mirror followed by another Common which is a special fish, I first caught this one just under a year ago and was pleased to see it was up another 4lb in weight which is great news. All in all a mad morning and very much enjoyed by both of us.....




































Me and Colin returned a month later with some new gear from Star-Flite Stainless to try out.



Things did look good for a couple of bites and it was not long before one of the rods ripped off, unfortunately I lost this fish after it had weeded me up twice and then headed to a set of lily’s in the margin where it stuffed me. Its was not long before Colin was in with a lovely Mirror. This is a fish Colin has called Maggie as he has caught it three times this year plus I have had it once, she loves the grub which has tipped her over the 20 mark that’s another new 20 this year.


































The next session me and Colin helped out a couple of new members with spots and rigs and managed to bag a fish each, the first one fell to me after casting to bubbles it only took a few minutes till the rod ripped off with a another stunning Spinney Common.



While I was playing this one we both spotted a couple of fish showing at the other end of the lake. After the fish was returned safely we both moved the gear to the other end of the lake. After a couple of minutes of being in the spot Colin's rod was off with a lovely little Common.



This was the end of a short session and both us were very happy on the drive back home satisfied with a couple of captures and the fact we have both been able to pass our knowledge on. A couple of weeks after this session Colin was involved in a serious accident and will not be returning to bank this year so I hope you all join me in wishing him a speedy recovery.


The last time I visited Spinney was for a 24 hour session, I turned up to find I had the lake to myself once again but the light was fading fast so I just got the gear out and set up in one of the corners for the night. I was up at first light watching the water for any signs, this paid off as I spotted two shows at the other end of the lake so the gear was on the barrow and round to the new spot. I made a brew before I put the rods out and then there was another show, I got the rods off the barrow and dropped a couple of singles around the area. It was minutes before the first take from the spot, a lovely Common to start me off.



There was still fish in the area so I got both rods back on the spot and sat back with a fresh brew. About half hour the other rod ripped off with a stunning moon scale Mirror one I have caught before last winter, this is another fish putting on the weight again 4lb bigger then last year. It wont be long before this one hits 20lb......




















No comments:

Post a Comment