O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

O.C.F.D Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder

Sunday 3 August 2014

Spinney Pool Update

An afternoon session in the middle of February turned out to be an eventful one. After having three blanks on the trot I was determined to get back on and get some bites and that is exactly what I did. I had been baiting an area right through winter but rarely fished the spot so this was going to be the place to start today. The first had only been out five minutes before it ripped off. A nice upper double Common a great start.



 I was fishing the spot with singles on both rods. It didn’t take long for the next bite on the same rod this time a small mirror. Things slowed down for the next couple of hours then the other rod was off again another small Mirror, just as I was slipping this one back the other rod ripped off I quickly got hold of the rod but unfortunately I had a hook pull. I got both rods back out to the spot and by the time I had set the second rod on the buzzers the other was off again this time I had a right battle with one of the long commons this was one of the smaller ones at around 19lb but what a fight in the deep in front of me.



On the bank this Common looked stunning and I was well pleased with the pictures for a self take. This was the end of the session and what a session to have in a afternoon five takes and four on the bank not bad for mid February....


Another great session was later in the year in July. I took my three year old lad with me for his first stay in the bivvy. He was well excited to be out fishing, we did some float fishing catching loads of Roach , Rudd and a couple of Perch.



The carp rods where out and a hour of being there I got the first take from a cracking low 20 Common. Charlie was buzzing when he seen the Common go in to the net and loved stroking the scales. We had a picture together and then slipped her back in.



Nothing else happened till the morning when I was woken at five with another common, Charlie was asleep so I didn’t wake him for this one. We did some more float fishing in-between the carp rods going off. Altogether we had eight carp and very productive session and a great one for the boy. I was really proud of the boy he never got bored or moaned all the time we was there plus he had no toys, books or dvd player to pass the time just good old float fishing.......


The following weekend I was to return with the Star-Flite Stainless Consultants for a 48 hour session. There was a few us on the lake which usually sees the lake shut up shop but this weekend that was not the case. To start with a low 20 common was caught then I was to get a mid double Common just before a big thunder storm came over us.



 Another five fish where caught the next day and I lost one due to a hook pull. The final day saw three more fish on the bank and had another one and was cut off on a snag soon after. All in all it was a great weekend, some great new products where looked at ideas thrown around for the future of Star-Flite Stainless. Keep your eyes for there stuff it real is the best you will buy and the only set up you will ever need........


No comments:

Post a Comment